CEL Leadership and Change is a consultancy business specialising in leadership development in complex settings.
Given the growing move towards devolution, CEL’s aim is to contribute to the reform of public services by improving the capability of leaders and breadth of leadership across the system to bring about the changes demanded by the aspirations of the new city regions.
We work alongside our clients to create context-specific leadership development activities which leave clients with the ability to review, plan and implement further improvements.
We have been working with organisations to improve their performance since 1993.
Our knowledge and expertise stems from two major sources: a long standing collaboration with Professor Gerard Egan to translate his integrated business-based management models into practical, useable tools and techniques; and our academic research and insights into how and why leaders learn and how they apply this learning to achieve business outcomes.
Therefore, we work closely with you to understand your context and aspirations so your leaders see the need for change and are engaged in the process of innovation and development.
We do this by drawing on our understanding of how leaders learn, grow and change to design and facilitate bespoke, high quality, leadership development programmes that deliver improved services.
For over 20 years we have used our expertise and ways of working to:
- Design and deliver a postgraduate qualification in Process Consultancy, the only qualification of its kind in the UK to over 900 senior professionals and consultants across a wide range of private, public and charitable organisations;
- Support government ministries in Kenya, Lithuania, Estonia and the Czech Republic to design national headteacher qualifications and training;
- Design and deliver a range of leadership programmes for national roll-out by the National College for Teaching and Leadership;
- Manage a cross- faculty initiative within The University of Manchester aimed at improving outcomes in fire service, police division, national park, social care and local government departments in the North West;
- Work with Knowsley LA to evaluate and advise on the implementation of the Knowsley Education Improvement Strategy;
- Design and deliver with The Commission for the New Economy a three-year strategy to improve careers education and choices post 16 across Greater Manchester;
- Design leadership development programmes for teaching school alliances in Cumbria, Manchester, Liverpool, Bradford and Yorkshire;
- Deliver national training for integrated children’s services including safeguarding boards; and
- Deliver leadership training to over 60,000 education and childrens service leaders across England including the National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH).